Clay Gulgong 2018 to host inaugural K-12 Competition
We are thrilled to announce that Clay Gulgong 2018 will host the inaugural K-12Competition, a juried ceramic competition for Australian students from Kindergarten through to Grade 12. To launch this exciting and new national competition, we have invited a select number of public and private schools to submit entries from their bestand brightest ceramics students.
Designed to show case the breadth of young ceramics talent in the country, the competition is intended to run in conjunction with the Clay Gulgong Ceramics Festival. Future K-12 competitions will include an expanding selection of participating schools, with a view to ultimately, opening the competition to all public and private schools.
We welcome any expressions of interest to be included in future K-12 competitions. For further information please contact Bernadette on email@example.com
Here is the K-12 information that you need to know:
The first K-12 competition is open to selected K-12 students within Australia only;
- Teachers are invited to sponsor 3 student entrants per school;
- Teachers must enter existing and finished works made primarily of clay and glaze only. Works must have been made with the last 2 years and created exclusively by the student;
- Teachers must pay a $10.00 entry fee per student;
- Teachers must submit 1 work per student for consideration by our juror;
- Teachers must complete 1 form per student;
- Please note that only 40 pieces will be selected for the exhibition across the following groups: K-5, 6-8, 9-10 and 11-12.
- Teachers will be notified via email of the juror decisions. No discussion will be entered into regarding the juror’s decisions.
- Please be aware that organising the transport of selected work to the exhibition is the responsibility of the teacher. We will provide you with details of our preferred shipping company.